Nov 26, 2008

Matthew Williamson for H&M

Finally! I've been guessing on who would be the next big designer who will design for H&M and it has just been revealed that it's Matthew Williamson. I'm really looking forward to that. The last collection H&M made with Comme des Garçons was a disaster if you ask me! It was ugly clothes and way too expensive. Matthew Williamson is much more my kind of designer. You've probably already seen a lot of his dresses on celebrities on the red carpet. His designs are girly, light, colourful (he especially has a "thing" for pink) and he loves prints too.



A small preview from the Matthew Williamson for H&M collection





The line will be in selected H&M stores from April 23 2009. I'm crossing my fingers and saying a silent prayer that Odense will be chosen this time. We have been overlooked the last two times. We haven't had any of the lines since Viktor & Rolf designed for H&M and with now 3 H&Ms in the city it should be possible that at least one of them got the line.
Matthew W. is also going to design some styles for the H&M summer collection. These pieces will be avaible in store from mid-may and these are being sold in EVERY H&M store... yay!! Wonder how many bitches I have to fight to get my hands on that line? The only worry I have is the prices. The Comme des Garcons collection was insanely expensive (considering it to be a collection for a high street brand like H&M) and I'm worried that this one might be too.


Here's what Matthew Williamsons own line normally looks like - seen on the runway and on the red carpet. I predict that we're going to see some of the same bright coloured and printed fabrics. I can't wait.











Mischa Barton in Matthew Williamson Spring 2009

Thandie Newton in Matthew Williamson Fall 2008

No comments: