Dec 4, 2008

Britney: for the record - a victim of succes?






Tonight the danish tv channel TV2 showed the mtv documentary about Britney Spears, "Britney: for the record". I've been looking forward to seeing the whole thing because I've only seen a few clips here and there on the internet. I wasn't disappointed - she told EVERYTHING there's to know. Here's just a short summary and then my oppinion:


On fame: She truely loved the first couple of years. She thought it was fun giving autographs, fun being recognized when going out, but after 3 years she wanted to stop. She felt like leaving it all, stop being a superstar and wanted to go back home and start a new life. Now she can't leave her house without at least 50 papparazzies chasing her. To avoid the paps she has people that look like her to be decoys.



On Justin Timberlake: To me, she still seems hurt by the whole break-up. She told us that she was so lost when they ended things - she felt so alone and coped by partying a lot. But she still thinks that she coped with this break-up better than the one with Kevin.



On Kevin: She didn't marry him because she loved him - she married him because she was in love with the idea of marriage, kids and having a family. Soon after they had their first son Kevin started working on his own album and Britney never saw him anymore. Quote:



"I think I married for the wrong reasons. Instead of following my heart and doing something that made me really happy, I just did it for the idea of [marriage and] everything."

- Britney



On Los Angeles: If she could choose then she wouldn't live there. But she has too if she wants to see her kids on a regular bassis because Kevin has custody over the boys and he wants to keep living there. She loves New York.







On her self: She think she used to be a cool chick, but the papparazzies took that away from her. She feels that her life is a jail except for when in jail you know when you're getting out - she doesn't. Her life is so controlled that she's bored - there's no room for spontanous things and she misses that. She has a lot of people surrounding her all the time, but she feels SO lonely. Quotes:




"There’s no excitement, there’s no passion. I have really good days, and then I have bad days. Even when you go to jail, y'know, there’s the time when you’re gonna get out. But in this situation, it’s never ending. It’s just like Groundhog Day every day."

- Britney


"I think it’s too in control. If I wasn’t under the restraints I’m under, I’d feel so liberated. When I tell them the way I feel, it’s like they hear but they’re really not listening. If you do something wrong in your work, you can move on, but I’m having to pay for a long time."
- Britney



I think it was such a sad program. Especially when she started crying after saying "I'm just so sad". I don't think she's happy at all. I noticed that she seemed happy when dancing or doing normal everyday stuff like shopping and going to see a show, but when working she seemed sad. Even though she said that what keeps her going is her two precious jewels: her boys and work. I just don't see the "I'm-lovin'-work"-part at all. She seemed ok when she was dancing, but there are other ways to be a dancer than having to be a superstar. I really hope she gets better. She seems like a very sweet girl who's lost. But it seems like she's slowly getting back on track. Here's for hoping.

Britney ends the interview with this:


Britney: Now I'll try to avoid things that could threaten me

Interviewer: How are you gonna do that?

Britney: I'll go through life as karate kid




Did you see it? What did you think?
PS. Did any of you notice Madonnas face wasn't moving while speaking? One word: Botox....

No comments: